- crush your biscuits and then walnuts into a powder (in a food processor) and add extra spices if you like
- melt butter and add to walnuts and cookies powder and combine well
- press firmly into a small buttered baking pan with a sheet of waxed paper covering the bottom and sides for easy removal or a buttered silicone mould like I did (no waxed paper needed)
- preheat your oven to 180°C and bake for 20-25 minutes and then remove to let cool a few minutes to harden
- in a small casserole, combine the maple syrup and half-salted butter until it boils and let simmer for 5 minutes at medium heat
- add thick cream and vanilla and boil again and let simmer for another 10 minutes at medium-high heat
- let cool for 5 minutes and then with a hand-held mixer, beat at high speed for 5 minutes
- carefully pour the maple syrup fudge on top of the cookie base (half cookie and half fudge is a nice mix)
- tap on a surface to get rid of air bubbles and then place in fridge for 4 hours (or in a freezer because the squares are much easier to remove)
- remove the individual squares from the silicone mould and serve (if you’ve used a baking pan, remove with the waxed paper and slice into squares)
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !