- slice off the round top of each round zucchini and set aside
- carefully hollow the zucchini out with with a spoon and leave a wall thick enough to support the filling and reserve at least half of the zucchini pulp that you will chop up for the filling
- brush the zucchini caps and rounds with olive oil, place the zucchini in a baking pan
- in a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add the 1/2 cup of olive oil and cook the chopped onion, stirring occasionally until softened
- add the chopped zucchini, tomato pulp, chopped herbs and oregano and simmer 5 minutes at medium heat and then finally add the rice (with 1/4 cup water if too dry) and remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes
- add the salt and pepper to taste and 1-2 tbsp of dried bread crumbs
- preheat oven to 200°C
- fill the hollowed zuchini with the rice stuffing and leave a little space for the rice to expand and place the tops back on
- fill the spaces in between the zucchini with the chopped potato wedges that you tossed with some oil, salt and pepper
- add 1/4 cup water in the roasting pan and drizzle the zucchini and potatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil
- bake for 45-60 minutes (cover with aluminum foil for the first 25 minutes, then remove)
- let cool 5-10 minutes and serve warm
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !