- peel all vegetables (remove strings from celery) and chop evenly into 2-3 cm pieces
- steam the vegetables separately (celery for 3 minutes, carrots for 7-8 minutes, potatoes for 8-9 minutes, beets (if not purchased pre-cooked) for 20-25 minutes
note : the vegetables should all be more tender but not completely soft after steaming
- separately and in large bowls, toss each of the vegetables with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground pepper, 1 bay leaf and then add the celery salt to the celery, the grated ginger and cumin to the carrots, the crushed garlic and chopped rosemary to the potatoes and the dried thyme and tarragon to the beets
note : do not add the zests nor vinegar nor lemon juice nor fresh herbs for oven-baking inside the aluminum foil !
- preheat the oven to 200°C
- spread all the vegetables (separately) on large aluminum foil sheets in one layer and wrap up or cover with aluminum foil too and bake all at the same time (on 2 racks) for 25–30 minutes
- remove from oven, let cool for 5-10 minutes, then mash roughly, add the 1 tbsp white vinegar and 1 tbsp lemon juice and the 2-3 tbsp extra olive oil to each and add the chopped fresh herbs and/or zests accordingly, mix well and adjust seasonings to taste
- serve immediately and/or freeze the rest by brushing oil inside mini-cake or mini-muffin silicone molds, place purees inside each cavity and when cooled completely, freeze and then transfer individual puree “pucks” to freezer bags or leave inside the silicone molds that you place inside larger freeze bags
- reheat the partly thawed vegetable puree “pucks” in a 180°C pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes, ideally baked inside the same silicone moulds
- when ready and reheated, place a plate on top and flip over onto the plate to retain the puck shape (if you like).
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !