- slice your red peppers in half (lengthwise) and brush with olive oil, place cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake in an oven for 30 minutes at 200°C, then remove the blackened skin and chop into large segments
- add 1/2 cup olive oil to a very large casserole and cook garlic slices at medium heat until translucent for 2 minutes
- add diced onion and cook at medium heat for 5 minutes
- add diced carrot and cook for 3 minutes
- add another 1/4 cup olive oil and chopped turkey meat and bay leaves and cook for 20 minutes, stir occasionally
- crumble chicken stock cubes and add to casserole, then add the chopped tomatoes, red peppers, the can of crushed tomatoes with the juice and the beer, add 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and the allspice (you’ll adjust the taste later)
- cook at medium heat for 30-45 minutes until most of the liquids have been absorbed by the ingredients, stirring often
- add the chopped parsley and rosemary and additional salt and pepper and allspice if necessary
- in the meantime, peel and chop your potatoes into cubes and let sit in a bowl of cold water with 1 tbsp coarse salt for 30 minutes then drain your potatoes and pat-dry in a kitchen towl and add salt
- heat up several cups of vegetable frying oil and fry your potatoes until golden and crispy
- serve the hot meat and vegetable stew topped with the fried potatoes and fresh chopped rosemary and/or parsley
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !