- wash then boil your potatoes (with the skin on) for 15 minutes in water salted with 1 tbsp coarse sea salt, until slightly tender
- drain and let cool and preheat your oven to 220°C
- prepare the marinade for brushing with 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp coarse salt, ¼ tsp ground black pepper, 1 crushed and chopped garlic clove and chopped fresh aromatic herbs, set aside (you’ll only use this marinade towards the end)
- toss your cooled potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp of coarse salt and 1 tbsp of wheat semolina (or cornmeal)
- line a baking sheet with baking paper, place your potatoes on the baking sheet and with a heavy and solid water glass, smash them to break the skin and flatten slightly
- bake for 15 minutes at 220°C and then remove and brush with the lemon-garlic mixture and place back inside the oven for 5-7 minutes and broil at 220°C until golden and browned.
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !