- preheat oven to 200-210°C
- wash & peel the fresh beets and coat in olive oil and then sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper
- wrap each in aluminum foil and place on a baking dish and bake for 60 minutes (if small, 200-300 grams) or up to 120 minutes (if large, 400-500 grams)
- when done and tender, remove from oven and let cool slightly
- slice off the underside of each , about 1/5 or less of the total height (or 1-2 cm) so they can sit flat
- in a food-processor, combine ¼ cup of the chopped beet base with the lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh herbs (reserve some zest and fresh herbs for the garnish), olive oil, salt & pepper and pulse until smooth
- place 2-3 tbsp of sauce & purée on each plate and spread out in 2 swirls, then place the roasted beets on top (either cold or warmed-up in the oven in aluminum foil at 180°C for 10-15 minutes).
- garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh herbs and more lemon zest and a few grains of coarse salt.
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !