- peel and quarter the 375 grams of medium or large potatoes and boil for 10-15 minutes in salted boiling water until tender, then remove from water and drain and let cool completely then mash or push through a potato press
- crumble the fresh yeast in the warm water mixed with sugar and let sit for 15 minutes until frothy and bubbly
- in a mixing bowl (if mixing by hand) or in the mixing bowl of a mixer (with a dough hook), place the salt on the bottom of the bowl, then cover with the wheat and buckwheat flours, the mashed potato and finally the water-yeast mix and combine well and knead for several minutes (or longer by hand by flouring a surface and kneading) until elastic
- place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours
- oil a large oven drip pan or one medium sized baking pan or several smaller pans (divide if using several pans) and turn out the dough and spread it out and flatten into the baking pan(s) and let rise for 1 hour, covered with a damp tea towel
- very thinly slice your small washed potatoes (using a mandoline or by hand) to a thickness of 1 mm and let soak in salted cold water for 30 minutes then drain and pat dry
- toss the potoato slices with the olive oil and a pinch of salt
- preheat your oven to 200°C
- uncover the risen dough and gently dimple with your fingers and lay out the potato slices on top, overlapping them by half, then sprinkle with coarse salt, ground black pepper and fresh rosemary (add grated parmesan too if you like)
- bake for 35–40 minutes until golden-brown then remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan
- slice before serving the same day or the next day
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !