keftedes meatballs/meat patties
- finely grate the onions and crush and chop the garlic
- chop up the fresh herbs (mint and parsley)
- place all ingredents together in a large bowl (ground beef, eggs, onion, garlic, herbs, spices, breadcrumbs, mustard, oil) and mix thoroughly by hand for several minutes
- if the mix seems too sticky, add more breadcrumbs or if too dry add some olive oil
fry up one little meatball or meat patty and taste, add salt/pepper or herbs to taste
- place the bowl in a refrigerator for 30 minutes for the mix to firm up
- when ready, remove the mix from the refrigerator
- place some olive oil in your palms (to avoid stickiness) and start forming the meatballs or meat patties by hand
- fry them up in a frying pan at medium-high heat, with olive oil, cooking all sides thoroughly until browned or place on a baking dish and bake in an oven at 200°C (400°F) for 20-30 minutes, turning them over once
- brush oil (mix in some chopped herbs) on both sides of mini pita breads (or cut-up larger ones in 4 triangles) and heat in the oven for 5 minutes
- either fry up regular thin fries or make your own matchstick fries by using a julienne cutter and frying in oil
I made my matchstick fries in small baking rings to create little packets or nests (I’ll make them again soon and show you the steps in a video)
- mix 2/3 crumbled feta cheese with 1/3 greek plain yogurt and add garlic or fresh herbs or roasted vegetables and/or spices and mix thoroughly with a fork until creamy
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !