- add 75ml of barely warm water (1/3 cup) and add the sugar and crumbled fresh yeast in a small bowl and let stand 15 minutes
- in a bowl, put the salt, then the flour on top, then 3/4 of the total amount of the seeds and the white vinegar, do not mix to avoid direct contact of the yeast with the salt later
- add the frothy yeast mix and the remaining water to the dry flour mix and mix and knead (by hand or a mixer with a dough hook) until a less sticky and compact ball is formed
- put the bread dough ball into an oiled bowl and wrap the bowl in a cloth and place in a warm place and let rise 2-3 hours until double in size
- turn the ball of dough onto a work surface on a large floured sheet of waxed paper also sprinkled with semolina and shape into a round ball of dough
- sprinkle the remaining seeds on top of the dough ball with a little flour and cornmeal or semolina and then make a cross incision in the middle of the dough
- place the ball of dough with the waxed paper inside a covered casserole dish or dutch oven and allow the dough to rise for another 2 hours until double in size
- remove the dough from the dutch oven and preheat the oven to 220-230 °C
- put the empty dutch oven with its lid inside the oven for about 20 minutes until it heats up and is at the same temperature as the oven
- remove the very hot dutch oven from the oven (be careful not to burn yourself !) and place the ball of dough, with the waxed paper inside
- place in a hot oven and cook (with the lid) for 20-25 minutes
- after 20-25 minutes, remove cover and cook for another 20-25 minutes and sprinkle some water on the bottom of the oven to create steam (this will help form a more crispy crust)
- remove the dutch oven or dish from the oven, remove the cooked and golden brown bread from the dish and let the bread cool on a rack
did you like ? share it !
Comments ? Questions ? Send me an email using the contact section below !